Room 7 (Pre primary)
In Pre primary we us our early years educational programmes which are formed around the West Australian Curriculum and the Early Years Learning Framework. In this way we are able to achieve a successful balance between educationally play-based and structured learning for the children.
The main aim of the Early Years Programme is to provide a happy, secure and motivating environment which is developed by:
- Allowing children to have a strong sense of identity and well-being
- Encouraging and facilitating the growth of the child physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.
- Giving children opportunities to feel confident and take control of their learning
- Children becoming effective communicators
- Children being connected with the school and wider community
In Pre-Primary we aim to:
- Provide a happy, caring, stimulating and supportive environment where the children will feel secure and enjoy being within that environment.
- Provide a class environment that values and promotes the uniqueness of each child, with an emphasis on self-development and social interaction.
- Provide a program that will cater for a wide range of developmental abilities and interests, which will allow children to develop to their fullest potential.
- Provide time for children to discover, explore, question and experiment to encourage them to implement their creative thoughts, develop skills and learn.
- Play education is very important for the development of children, as it requires active involvement. The children will interact in teacher initiated or directed activities, free play and discovery learning.