Orange Grove Primary School has a dress code for that all children attending the school are expected to wear. School uniforms are available through Lowes, Maddington Central; corner Burslem Drive & Attfield Street, Maddington.
We believe that a dress code:
- Fosters and enhances the public image
- Assists in building school and team spirit
- Ensures that students are safely dressed for specific school activities
- Encourages equity among the students and
- Prepares students for work, as many places have dress and safety codes
- Red polo with blue collar shirt displaying the school logo, short / long sleeved (Years K – 6)
- Navy blue track pants / trousers / shorts / pleated skirt or skort
- Red zip jacket displaying the school logo
- Black closed in shoes / flat semi closed in sandals / black or predominantly white sneakers
- Navy blue opaque 70 denier stockings
- White ankle socks
- Navy school hat (wide brimmed / bucket)
Physical Education Uniform
- Faction Sports Polo Shirt in appropriate faction colour. Students can wear their faction shirts on days they have PE and other sport days, (eg. athletics carnival) but not for school excursions.
- Navy blue shorts / navy blue pleated skirts or skort. Students may wear boy-leg sport pants under skirts, but they must not exceed the skirt length.
- Students must wear closed in sports shoes appropriate for running and participating in physical activity.
- Interschool Sports – students selected will be provided with a sport’s shirt for competitions except for Interschool Athletics Carnivals.
Year 6 Graduation Shirt
Year 6 students can wear their graduation shirts on all occasions other than any event identified by the Principal.
Excessive jewellery is not to be worn at school; this includes bangles, dangling earrings, necklaces or any item of that nature. No body adornments for example tattoos are to be worn. Items of jewellery that students are allowed to wear are:
- Small sleepers
- Stud earrings
- Jewellery that needs to be worn for cultural or religious reasons.
Hair and Make Up
- Hair below the shoulders must be tied up neatly
- Make-up is not to be worn at any time
- No nail polish
The school hat is to be worn as part of the Orange Grove Primary School uniform. No other hats are to be brought to school. Hats are required to be worn at all times for all activities outside the classroom. Orange Grove Primary School endorses the ‘no hat no play’ policy.
- A student not complying with the school policy can expect
- To be addressed by a staff member on why they are not wearing the correct uniform.
If the student fails to comply with the dress code on several occasions then parents will be notified which may result in a parent/school meeting.
Orange Grove Primary School’s Dress Code Policy is consistent with the Department of Education’s Dress Requirement for Students Policy.
This policy has been update and approved by the School Board 30/03/15.